Eczema is a non contagious inflammatory skin disorder that can be acute or chronic. This skin condition causes your skin produce less oil and reduces the skin’s ability to lock in moisture. This can cause dry, flaky, itchy, irritated skin which is very unpleasant to say the least. Here is a super simple + effective diy recipe for eczema and extremely dry skin. You probably already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen or medicine cabinet, and we are offering a free sample of our organic jojoba oil to help you complete the ingredient list! Only 6 ingredients: Honey + Turmeric + Oatmeal + Aloe Vera Gel + Organic Jojoba + Coconut Oil. That is all you need to help clean, relieve, and moisturize your eczema ridden skin.
Honey is a great addition to any eczema remedy as it is antibacterial, killing eczema causing bacteria, as well as promotes wound healing. Turmeric contains a substance called curcumin which is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant which helps sooth pain + irritation as well as fight off free radicals. Oatmeal is one of the best ingredients for eczema as it is an anti-inflammatory, providing moisture and soothing skin to relieve the burning and irritation associated with eczema. Aloe Vera Gel is a great addition to this recipe as it is both antimicrobial as well as anti-inflammatory and helps your skin hold in moisture and prevent further drying out. Our organic jojoba is great for eczema because it is similar to the sebum your skin naturally creates, allowing for it to moisturize deep into your skin without leaving you feeling greasy all day. And of course there is coconut oil, a great soothing and anti-inflammatory moisturizer. Combining all these ingredients is easy and sure to give you some relief from your eczema!
How to make: (This recipe makes about 3/4 cup. of paste)
- Mix organic jojoba + coconut oil + turmeric together until the turmeric has fully dissolved into the fats.
- Add aloe vera gel + honey. This step is best mixed with a fork or whisk as you are combining water based ingredients with oils and you need some serious whisking to fully incorporate the ingredients!
- Finally add in the ground oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Apply to the affected areas with a slow circular motion to both exfoliate the dead + dry skin cells as well as fully moisturize your skin.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly! (Be careful with clothing + linens as turmeric can and will stain. It is best to apply in the bathtub prior to a shower.)
- Finish with a natural moisturizer. Organic jojoba is great for this as it will fully + deeply moisturize your skin without leaving you feeling greasy.